Yup, I said the unfortunate words. Back to school. Summer is coming to it’s fateful close, State Fair is wrapping up, football and other fall sports have started. Before you know it you’re going to be wearing a sweatshirt and jeans everyday! (If you need a new sweatshirt be sure to check out TNT’s fall/winter clothing line 😉 )
Here’s a few tips for you and your family as you head back to school/work at the end of summer.
- Develop a routine now. Start waking up earlier, going to bed sooner, find a time to exercise daily, and keep a daily calendar.
- Find time for a family meal 3x/week. No screens! There are dozens of studies that have shown the benefit of this, I need not expand.
- Don’t go crazy back to school shopping. Find the supplies your kids brought home or that you stashed. Let’s be honest, we all have a drawer full of random pens and pencils.
- Start reading 20 minutes a day! Seriously. Just do it already.
- Do something you neglected to all summer. Stain your deck, take a random Saturday road trip, clean out that closet, visit your Grandma!
Let me know how it goes! We’ll see you soon!